Newfoundland Tenants & Renters Insurance

Do you Need Tenants Insurance?

Thought you were covered by your landlord's insurance? Think again. You'll need tenants insurance to protect you belongings. You need tenants insurance if you rent a property from someone else. What most people don't realize is that tenants insurance covers more than just your belongings! Most landlords (and their insurance company) require you to have tenants insurance. Why? Because they want you to be protected and if something happens that causes a loss to the building which you are responsible for, your insurance will respond.

Newfoundland tenants insurance assures you that you're protected against the damage or loss of personal property when you rent an apartment or house. Your landlord may have insurance that protects the physical building in which you reside, but this insurance will not cover your personal property.

Not only will Newfoundland tenants insurance protect your personal items, it will also help you with temporary housing and liability protection for people on your property. Newfoundland tenants insurance can help protect you in case of a liability lawsuit against you. This could occur in a situation where you are held responsible for:

  • Injury to another person
  • Damage to another person's property(whether the incident occurred within your rented residence or elsewhere)

Once you determine your need for tenants insurance, knowing your options will help you choose the best policy.

What's covered by Newfoundland Tenants Insurance?

Think of the costs associated with having to replace everything you own. What if you came home tomorrow and your apartment had burned down? Where would you go? How would you pay to replace your clothing, furniture, and appliances? When you ask yourself what tenants insurance covers, you can say yes to all of the above.

Tenants insurance can cover virtually all of your personal possessions. Most policies provide coverage for electronic goods and equipment, small appliances, sports equipment, cameras and photography equipment, furniture, clothing, glassware and china, and books. Items such as computers, jewelry, furs, watercraft, and firearms can also be covered with extended protection. Your tenants insurance policy will include:

  • Personal property protection
  • Family liability protection
  • Guest medical protection
  • Additional living expenses
  • Additional protection

Get a Newfoundland Tenants Insurance Quote Today!

Over 35% of Canadian renters under the age of 35 don't have tenants insurance. Make sure you're not just a statistic. All you need to do is fill out our Protection Savings Quote Form and one of our professional brokers at Crosbie Job will get you the best possible tenants insurance. Let's make sure We've Got You Covered!